I had the wonderful opportunity to attend WordCamp San Francisco 2014, the year’s largest conference about WordPress
This event is one of the highlights of my year – it’s exciting to meet new people, and to hear about cutting edge developments in the World of WordPress. I recommend watching Matt Mullenberg’s (WordPress founder) keynote speech:
Some notable ideas
Coming up in Version 4.1
- Improve the editor features.
- Improve the performance of drop-down menus of users and posts (ie. the page parent selector), most likely by implementing Select2.
- UI on the user profile screen which displays a user’s logged in sessions and allows them to be logged out.
- New default theme, Twenty Fifteen.
- Improved UI for installing and updating plugins and themes (async installation), possibly core too.
- Improvements to media management on mobile devices.
- Ability to install new languages after install.
Overall it feels as if in 2015 WordPress is about to undergo a transformation in internationalization and flexibility – a lot of fast change is ahead!