A friendly team of experts
Who We Are
We are a Silicon Valley-based marketing and web design agency helping companies increase leads. Our clients range from high-tech companies, startups, biotech and e-commerce websites.
Established by Philippe Alexis in Mountain View, California, in 2001, NoDiamonds began as a one person web development shop. The company gradually grew to its current iteration of a dozen professionals based around the world and headquartered in Palo Alto.
Our team is composed of experts in their fields with a minimum of ten years’ experience ranging in advanced web analytics, web and UX design, coding, SEO, PPC and marketing technologies. We design and market websites using tools such as WordPress, HubSpot and Marketo. We work with B2B tech companies based in Silicon Valley, startups and , nonprofits. Read here about why Philippe chose the name “No Diamonds”, meaning ‘no bling’.
Our values reflect our commitment to ethical business practices, excellence in service, and a culture of openness, learning, and continuous improvement.
- Inclusivity and Respect: Valuing all individuals, regardless of their background, and embracing diversity in all its forms.
- Accountability: Taking ownership of mistakes, being transparent about them, learning from them, and taking necessary actions to rectify them.
- Approachability: Maintaining a friendly demeanor and striving to be easy to work with for clients and partners.
- Innovation: Embracing creativity and forward-thinking to develop novel strategies that leverage cutting-edge technology and insights.
- Clarity in Communication: Ensuring clear, straightforward communication, avoiding unnecessary jargon or complicated language.
- Integrity in Business Practices: Demonstrating integrity by promptly fulfilling financial obligations, and being honest in disagreement.
- Expertise: Leveraging deep knowledge and skills in digital tools and strategies to effectively drive demand generation and lead acquisition.
- Process Optimization: Concentrating on the continuous measurement and enhancement of operational processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring that all activities contribute to meaningful outcomes and client success.
Climate Impact: Project Wren
Each month, NoDiamonds offsets 3.3 tons of CO₂ by funding various project on Wren. See more details about this project here.
Since we signed up with Wren in 2019, NoDiamonds offset more than 150 Tons of CO₂ as of January 2024 – that’s like 7,000 trees absorbing CO2 for a year, or avoiding 360,000 miles of driving, or avoiding 100 flights from NY to SF.
The domain name nodiamonds.com was originally purchased for an informational website on the realities of the diamond industry. It soon became evident that it would also be a good name for a web design and marketing company. It captures the belief in the virtue of simple approach of integrity, as opposed to surface flashiness and “bling”, but ultimately impractical and hard to use.
To echo this point, here is a quote from Zen master Suzuki Roshi from his book, “Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind”:
“If you continue this simple practice everyday, you will obtain some wonderful power. Before you attain it, it is something wonderful, but after you attain it, it is nothing special.”
NoDiamonds stands for “nothing special” as described in the quote above. It represents the “something wonderful” which takes a lot of effort and dedication, but once achieved it seems the obvious solution and you wonder why you could not see it clearly before. This is the hidden jewel within NoDiamonds.
Dig what you're reading?
Philippe Alexis, founder of NoDiamonds, has an ethos rooted in trust and generosity of spirit and these form the foundation of how our team pulls together, believing in positivity and excited by the possibilities that come from working together with good people towards a collective aim – the success of your business.
Former derivatives trader turned digital marketeer, Philippe has been at the forefront of internet marketing since self-learning HTML in 1998. As the founder of NoDiamonds.com, a niche marketing agency in Silicon Valley, he’s dedicated to helping his clients drive growth through demand generation, securing high-quality leads, and boosting sales by making the most of tools like WordPress, Hubspot, Marketo, and SalesForce.
Beyond business, Philippe is engaged in giving back, volunteering with Catchafire to support nonprofits in web marketing, and serving on the board of Kannon Do Zen Center in Mountain View, CA.
As a Yoga instructor since 2000, Philippe loves teaching postural yoga, pranayama, and yoga philosophy. He speaks English, French, Greek, and Japanese.